April showers bring May flowers, and its already begun. Frequent, heavy showers can lead to flooding, which can cause thousands of dollars in damage to your home.
To help minimize damage, use and share the following tips:
- Fix leaky roofs and foundation cracks immediately.
- Keep gutters and drains clear so they can do their job by carrying water away from the home.
- Make sure your sump pump is working properly. If you don’t have one installed, Invest in a battery-powered sump pump and a garden hose to pump water out of the home.
- Move valuable items to a higher level of the home.
- Prevent sewer backup by installing sewer or septic line check valves, which allow waste to only flow one way.
If you experience water damage due to flooding, ServiceMaster Restore® is available 24/7/365 to help you with:
- Water damage restoration
- Drying, dehumidification and water extraction
- Mold remediation
- Carpet, clothing, rug, and electronic cleaning
We also can help with Fire, Bio-Hazard, Re-Construction and Trauma.